Dr. Tom Ferraro is a world renowned sport psychologist with a Ph.D. from SUNY Stony Brook. He has more than 25 years of experience working with professional teams, coaches and Olympic athletes across a broad range of sports. He is unique in the world of sport psychology by being board certified as a psychoanalyst which allows him to properly diagnose and treat the symptoms the athlete brings to the office and also to help them understand the underlying reasons for self-defeat. He publishes internationally and has been featured in the New York Times, The Wall Street Journal and The London Times. Recently he was the featured sport psychologist in a full length documentary film by director Robert Hoffman about the psychology of coaching. The issues he treats include anxiety, the yips, anger, slumps, loss of confidence, depression, injury recovery, concussion recovery, drug use, family and team problems. Please feel free to explore the website and call with any questions.
- Featured in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal and London Times.
- "One of the nation's leading mental game gurus" – Golf Digest
- "Dr. Tom Ferraro, our in-house resident sport psychologist" – Ann Ligouri WFAN
- Team psychologist for Women's United Soccer Association
- Ph.D. Psychology from SUNY Stony Brook
- Affiliations: Winthrop University Hospital, Tour Edge Golf Company, Iona College
- Author of Yin & Yang: Tales of Neurotic Golfers
- Senior columnist for American and Asian magazines
Dr. Ferraro’s mission is to provide the highest level of psychological care for elite athlete, their coaches, team leaders and their families. He does this with accurate diagnosis, report development and sufficient support so that the chronic and painful affects experienced in professional sports or high level business is remediated as much as possible. The care provided ranges from ongoing one on one supportive psychotherapy to family, staff and team meetings. He uses medical staff to supplement his interventions when needed. He believes that the key to success in any team or business is to provide support for the leaders of the group.
Responsive Site Designed By Driven Local